Thursday, May 31, 2007

Memorial Day and such

On the way to our campsite in the Nebo Loop. (My most favorite place of beauty in UT)




The view from our campsite. Yes, we slept on the edge of a steep mountain. The wind almost blew our tent over the edge. Yee haa. It was pretty exciting, but we got smart and staked it down. After that no problems... but it was chilly!



Sheldon shooting cans with our friend Mike... since when are we hicks? Just kidding. I love hicks.



Sheldon didn't have the most photogenic weekend... but I still think he's cute.
We had a FUN time and it's always nice to have a three day weekend off work!!

6 comments:

thegreatscotts said...

I know deep down you're a hick, Shell. Looks like fun. We spent the M. Day weekend fishing. One of the fish was bigger than Merrick, and that is no exaggeration.

Love you guys! Jen

Nate said...

So looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I have one question though. What do you guys sleep on when you go camping? Do you have an airmattress? The reason I ask is because Nate and I usually use our air mattress but last time we went camping it seems like it has sprung a leak somewhere. We woke up in the middle of the night pretty much sleeping on the hard ground. Well lets just say it is not the most comfortable, especially when you are pregnant. Just wondering what you guys use.

thegreatscotts said...

Sorry to leave another comment on the same post, but I was remembering all our camping trips. Yellowstone was a blast, and then remember when we tried to go camping with Liz and Kim. We bought all the food, packed everything up and tried to go camping on Anelope Island. Do you remember the MONSOON! We ended up camping in our living room. I am glad this camping trip worked out for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we sleep on an air mattress. But, this was our first time, so lucky for us it still works. (Knock on wood) It was relatively comfy... but my back is always terrible so it wasn't ideal. I guess it's the price you pay to sleep in the great outdoors.

thegreatscotts said...

I don't remember the reason for that camping trip... give me a clue? Did it have to do with the opposite sex? How weird we both were thinking about those camping experiences. College was fun, wasn't it?

Lora said...

You guys are so cute!