Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Donner Lake Getaway

July 2006 Michelle and I headed off to Donner Lake to visit family at the Thompson family cabin. We left SLC around 3:45pm and after a poopy experience of nasty food at the Wendover McDonalds and a couple of pee stops we arrived safe and sound at 11:45 pm. Not too shabby if I say so myself! We went to the lake on Saturday after a wonderful breakfast. The lake was a little cold to begin with but warmed up to the perfect temperature. We layed on the floating docks in the middle of the water, played horseshoes and I am pleased to inform you that Nate and his brother won because I have too much strength in my arms and over threw the shoes. Now here's Michelle to wrap up the weekend.
It was a good time with some good folks; we sure are glad we went. Other highlights seen in the pics are Kayaking... and the soon to be infamous "we didn't know it was against the rules to climb on the tires.... honest!!" picture. Unfortunately, we were unable to nab a shot of the actual tire climbing, our young friend with the shock pen, or the Uncle John look-alike. But, we figure this just gives us a reason to go back. :) Love you all!!!

1 comment:

Nate said...

That's right Sheldon throws a mean Horseshoe, and I mean that literally.